BURY & DISTRICT QUIZ LEAGUE
WEB : http://www.elevenxi.com
Mobile : 07887 823973 e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
It's never too early to make a will but quite often it's too late
|TEAM||HOME VENUE||VENUE CONTACT||TELEPHONE||SECRETARY||MOBILE|
ROSE & CROWN (STAR)
|2-6 Cockney Moor Rd BL8 2HB||0161 761 7523||Phil Musgrove|
|The Racecourse Unsworth St Radcliffe M26 3RF||0161 723 2604/2726||Phil Dodd|
HARE & HOUNDS
|400 Bolton Rd West Holcombe Brook BL0 9RY||01706 822107||Ian Openshaw|
|St Mary's Club Radcliffe||0161 723 2181||Alec Fontaine|
|185 Stopes Rd Little Lever Bolton BL3 1NW||0161 766 2825||Paul Gardner|
|52 Watling St Affetside Bury BL8 3QW||01204 883802||Mike Pinder|
ROSE & CROWN (RAM)
|96 Carr St Ramsbottom BL0 9EG||01706 823 688||Peter Taylor|
COACH & HORSES
|163 Market St Edenfield BL0 0HJ||01706 822252||Steve Hepworth|
SHOULDER OF MUTTON
|Shoulder of Mutton Pub Ramsbottom||TBA||John Ireland|
|Acre Bottom Ramsbottom, Bury, BL0 0AT||01706 822 799||Mike Everett|
Bury Quiz League-21st Century Quiz Ltd.
1. All matches will be played on the night agreed locally and will commence at 8.30 pm unless ALL teams in the league agree otherwise.
2. Each team will consist of a maximum of 4 players, but there is no lower limit to the number of players who may represent a team. No substitutes will be allowed during the course of a game.
No player may play for more than one team in the same season unless his or her original team has resigned from the league, or the game in question may be forfeited by the offending team.
3. The home team will normally be responsible for providing a question-person and a scorer/timekeeper.
4. 2 points will be awarded for a win & 1 point for a draw.
5. In the event of a team failing to turn up, the game will be awarded to their opponents. The non-offending team will be credited with a score equal to their average to date and the offending team will be given a score of zero. Should the first fixture of the season not be played, the non-offending team will be given a score of 40.
6. Re-arranged fixtures are only allowed in extreme circumstances & only with the prior approval of the League Secretary.
7. If a team resigns from the League during the course of the season their record will be deleted and all matches involving tem will be void.
8. Questions will be sent to venues in clearly marked and sealed envelopes. The envelope must be opened in the presence of both tearn captains on the night of the match. If the envelope is opened prior to this, the match may be claimed by the visiting side.
9. A score sheet will be sent with each set of questions. This must be signed by both teams at the end of each match and kept by the home side as a true record of the result. The result is to be notified to the League Secretary within 24hours by telephone, text, Whatsapp etc on 07751551790 .
It is the responsibility of the home side to communicate the result.
10. In the event of two teams having an equal number of points at the end of the season, the team who have scored the highest number of game points will be the winner. The number of points scored against a team is totally irrelevant.
1. Each game will consist of eight rounds of eight
2. There will be six rounds of consultation questions and
two rounds of individual questions.
3. In the consultation rounds team members may confer with
4. In the Individual Rounds the Question-Person will
announce the subjects of the questions. The teams will then decide who is going
to answer on which subject. No one will be allowed to answer on more than one
5. The Question-Person must only accept the first answer
he or she hears.
6. A team may ask for clarification or a repeat of a
question before timing starts. Once timing has started any further
clarification will be part of a team's allocated thinking time.
7. Any prompting by supporters will result in maximum
points for the question being awarded to the opposition.
8. There should be a short break at half-time to refill
9. The Question-person must maintain strict neutrality at
10. Any disputes which arise during the course of a game
may be referred to the League Secretary within 24 hours.
RULES FOR ROUNDS 4 & 6
Both these rounds are consultation rounds and the timings are the same as in previous rounds.
Round 4 - Stick or Twist
There are four linked questions for each side, in (hopefully!), ascending order of difficulty.
Question 1 is worth ONE POINT for a correct answer.
If the team on hearing Question 2 elect to stick they remain with one point. If they answer it correctly their score for that round doubles to TWO POINTS. If they get it wrong they forfeit all their points on that round.
Question 3 again doubles the round score to FOUR POINTS, and Question 4 to EIGHT POINTS.
At each stage an incorrect answer will mean forfeiting all points gained for that round.
As soon as a team sticks or gives an incorrect answer the opposition have their go at their four linked questions.
THERE IS NO PASSOVER TO THE OPPOSITION DURING THE COURSE OF THE FOUR LINKED QUESTIONS.
Round 6 - 2 Part Questions
Each question is set in two parts.
If the team to whom it is asked think they know the answer after hearing the first part only they may answer for FOUR POINTS or they may ask for the second part for a possible TWO POINTS.
If they get it wrong after hearing the first part only it passes to the opposing team who may either answer for THREE POINTS or ask for the extra information for ONE POINT.
Similarly if the original team gets it wrong after the second part it passes over for a possible ONE POINT.
ONCE A QUESTION IS PASSED OVER IT CANNOT BE PASSED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TEAM.
Secretary : John Heenan
Tel : 0775-666-3045
Mobile : 0775-666-3045
Treasurer : Margaret Chamberlain
Tel : 01706-822-611
Mobile : 07749-917-317
Question Distribution : John Heenan
Tel : 0775-666-3045
Mobile : 0775-666-3045